A Reborn baby is a collectable doll crafted to appear as lifelike as possible. A Reborn artist makes the doll appear real using a variety of materials, including vinyl or vinyl and silicone body parts, natural or artificial hair and eyelashes, micro-rooting tools, heat set paints and baby clothing. As with a real baby, a Reborn baby requires delicate care when handling it. Luckily, except for removal of dust weekly, Reborn babies require little cleaning and only require that you take a few normal collectable doll precautions to prevent damage so your baby doll can last a long time.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Microfiber cloths
- Microfiber duster (optional)
- Infant hairbrush (optional)
- Leave-in conditioner (optional)
- Baby shampoo (optional)
- Mild detergent (optional)
Pick up your Reborn as you would a baby. Cradle the back of the head and do not pick up the doll by the arms or legs. When turning or shifting movable parts, use a slow, gentle motion.
Wipe the surfaces of your Reborn baby once a week with a dry microfiber cloth or duster. If your Reborn is in a case, dust the exterior of the case weekly and dust the doll once a month.
Brush your Reborn's hair as needed or desired with your fingers or an infant hairbrush. Remove tangles by adding a small amount of leave-in conditioner to the hair.
Dampen a microfiber cloth and rub away any type of stain or spill as needed, using soft pressure. Dry with another soft cloth. If necessary, apply a drop of baby shampoo or mild detergent to the cloth to help remove the stain, rinse the area with a damp cloth and then dry.
Remove the clothing from your Reborn and wash it as needed following the Reborn artist's or clothing manufacturers washing instructions based on the clothing style, fabric type and accessories.
Store or display your Reborn in a dry area in indirect light.
Tips and warnings
- To help prevent dust from sticking to the surface of your Reborn and keep the surface of your Reborn feeling soft, sprinkle exposed skin areas lightly with cornstarch or talc.
- Never use abrasives, solvents such as nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol, or other harsh chemicals on your Reborn doll.
- Never immerse or saturate your Reborn in water. When using a damp cloth to remove a spill, always dry the area immediately afterward to prevent mould growth.
- Placing your Reborn near a heat source or in direct sunlight will melt its vinyl parts or damage its paint. Extreme cold will make the vinyl brittle.
- Repeated brushing of your Reborn's hair will pull out the hair or damage it.
- Powders can sometimes cause certain heat set paints to take on a shiny appearance.
- Never scrub or harshly rub your Reborn's skin -- you can rub the paint off.
- Any type of smoke, including cigarette and cigar smoke, can damage your Reborn. It will hold the smell or its colouring will change.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for