Online dating is commonplace in American society. The stigma once attached to online dating services faded away long ago. Couples continue to meet online and often begin long-term relationships, some even leading to marriage. Online dating sites tend to cost more than a few dollars, but follow a few simple steps to get a free membership with Fling, a popular online dating service.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Valid e-mail address
- Internet access
Type www.fling.com into your Web browser. When prompted for personal specifications, such as gender, check the appropriate boxes.
Fill in all forms with your personal information, such as name, age and state. Enter a valid e-mail address and password in the appropriate forms. Read the terms of agreement and check "Yes" if you agree to all terms and conditions.
Check your e-mail account and look for a message from Fling.com. Click on the link in the email text to confirm membership. The link takes you to Fling's website. Sign in using your name and password. Your membership is free, but you must pay for certain features, such as the ability to participate in live video chat and obtain full access to users' photo albums.
Tips and warnings
- Be realistic when using online dating services. Just because someone shows interest in you, that doesn't make him or her your perfect match.
- Use common sense. Take your time in getting to know someone before divulging personal information.
- If you wish to meet someone from a dating site in person, make sure to meet in a public place.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for