Those Skechers are in great condition, but the smell is overwhelming. With all the walking, running, hiking and other indoor and outdoor activities, feet can sweat and cause odours. When not on someone's feet, they can stink up the whole closet. Throwing Skechers in the washer isn't an option because the machine can damage the shoes and the shoes can damage the machine. Luckily there are other options for washing your Skechers.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Cold water
- Rag or soft brush
Start with a sink full of cold water for non-leather or suede Skechers.
Pour a quarter-size dollop of safe, non-bleach detergent onto the rag. Detergent creates a lot of soap suds, so start with a small amount and add more if necessary.
Scrub the shoes with the rag and cold water.
Let them air dry overnight or longer if needed.
Stuff newspaper in the shoes or put baking soda in the soles to help snuff out smells.
Tips and warnings
- You can also place non-leather shoes in the freezer overnight, as the cold will prevent any bacteria from growing in the shoes and eliminate smells.
- Putting shoes in the dryer will destroy the sneakers because of the heat. Leave them out to dry naturally.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for