Electronic cigarettes deliver a dose of nicotine to the user by vaporising liquid as the "smoker" inhales. E-cigarettes usually consist of a rechargeable battery and logic board, an atomiser or heating element and a mouthpiece that contains a sponge-type substance that holds the liquid that is vaporised. Commercial liquid is sold in many flavours and nicotine strengths, but some e-cigarette users make their own by mixing the ingredients at home. Many of the ingredients can be found at a local pharmacy --- excluding commercial nicotine liquid --- which can be bought from a speciality retailer.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Vegetable glycerine
- Oral syringe
- Distilled water
- 50 mg commercial nicotine liquid
- Dropper bottle, 250ml or larger
Draw 130ml of vegetable glycerine into the syringe and deposit it in the dropper bottle. Propylene glycerine can be used instead of vegetable glycerine if it is available. Vegetable glycerine-based liquids cause electronic cigarettes to generate more vapour than propylene glycerine-based liquids.
Measure 30ml of water into the oral syringe and add it to the dropper bottle. Vegetable glycerine has a high viscosity and needs to be mixed with other liquids to be used in an e-cigarette. Cap and shake the bottle to mix the liquids.
Add 40ml of nicotine liquid to the bottle.
Cap the bottle and shake vigorously to mix the liquids. Apply the recommended drops to the cartridge.
Tips and warnings
- In this mixture nicotine accounts for 29 per cent of the overall contents of the formula. Nicotine levels should not exceed 33 per cent of any one mixture. E-cigarette refill liquid does not need to contain nicotine. For flavoured vapour replace the nicotine liquid in the mix with flavoured liquid from an electronic cigarette retailer.
- Electronic cigarettes have not been approved by the FDA as a smoking cessation aid. While e-cigarettes do not contain tobacco, nicotine is a poisonous substance that can cause health problems.
- Nicotine should be handled with extreme care and kept out of reach of children and animals.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for