Cream of chicken soup is a lifesaver for the cook in a hurry. Use cream of chicken soup to make delicious chicken gravy, sauce for smothered chicken and as a sauce for rice, chicken, tuna and other casseroles. Cream of chicken soup, in addition to being enjoyed by itself, when blended with peas, chopped carrots and potatoes and other vegetables is a hearty chicken stew. It is very versatile and is incorporated into some beef recipes such as a sauce for smothered steak or hamburger casserole.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Rubber spatula
- Water spoon
- Green chiles
- Mixed vegetables
- Prepared vegetables
Open the can of cream of chicken soup and pour into a saucepan. Use a rubber spatula as necessary to completely empty the can.
Fill the empty can with water and use the spatula to rinse any remaining soup from the can and pour the water into the saucepan.
Turn the burner to medium heat, stir the soup with a spoon and water until thoroughly mixed and continue to stir every 2 to 3 minutes until the soup is thoroughly heated to the desired temperature.
Preparing Cream Of Chicken Soup
Use cream of chicken soup to thin sauce or gravy by preparing the soup according to the directions on the can and adding to the sauce or gravy. Add more water to the soup if the sauce or gravy needs a great deal of thinning. Thicken sauce or gravy by adding less liquid to the soup before adding it to the sauce or gravy.
Make casseroles and pasta dishes by mixing the soup with water, milk or chicken broth so that the soup is absorbed by the primary ingredients to blend them together and add flavour.
Prepare sauces quickly and simply by making the soup according to the directions on the can and, if desired, adding more ingredients to it. Add green chiles to the soup for New Mexican enchilada casserole or cook frozen mixed vegetables with the soup and place atop prepared biscuits for a quick and simple chicken pot pie.
Other Uses For Cream Of Chicken Soup
Tips and warnings
- Cream of chicken soup is often interchangeable with cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery soup in many recipes.
- Milk or a combination of milk and water may be substituted for water for a richer, thicker soup.
- Cream of chicken soup blends well with different seasonings.
- Stir the soup regularly to avoid scorching it.
- Immediately refrigerate leftovers.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for