Sipping whiskey out of the bottle is one way you can forget about the worries of tomorrow and live in the moment. However, if you still want to remember your evening, it is best to pour the whiskey into a glass and follow it up with a chaser beverage from another glass.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 2 glasses
- Chaser beverage
Open the bottle of whiskey. Fortunately whiskey does not require a special bottle opener to get into, or a corkscrew. The top should twist right off, just like the cap on a soda bottle.
Pour a small amount of whiskey into a glass. If you want the whiskey to be cold, add a few ice cubes.
Prepare a beverage to chase the alcohol with in a second glass. If you are not accustomed to drinking straight alcohol, it is a good idea to prepare a drink known as a "chaser" to follow your whiskey. Coke, soda water, water or ginger ale pair well with whiskey.
Drink your whiskey and immediately follow it with your chaser beverage.
Drink as much of the chaser as you wish to alleviate the taste of the whiskey.
Tips and warnings
- If you are sharing a bottle of whiskey with a friend, place your thumb between your mouth and bottle opening to keep your saliva out of the bottle.
- Drinking too much alcohol can result in alcohol poisoning, a condition that can cause neurological damage or even death. Unlike mixed drinks, it is difficult to measure how much you have drank when it comes straight from the bottle. When drinking alcohol straight from the bottle, keep track of how much you are consuming to avoid alcohol poisoning.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for