Polymer polyvinyl chloride, commonly known as PVC, is mostly used in rubber products. However, PVC lends itself to numerous flexible applications, including flooring, decorative sheets and artificial leather, sometimes called vinyl. Imitation leather PVC handbags are stain-resistant and don't require much care or maintenance. When the time comes to clean the bags, it only takes a few minutes and a handful of common household products. Clean your PVC handbag regularly to keep it looking new for years.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Mild washing powder
- Soft lint-free cloths
- Automotive vinyl protectant
- Fabric refresher
Empty the handbag's contents to make cleaning easier.
Add a splash of mild washing powder to a bowl of cold or lukewarm water. Dip a clean and non-abrasive sponge into the water, wring it out and gently rub the outer surface of your imitation leather PVC handbag. Rinse the sponge until it is free of detergent and dampen it with water. Wipe off any detergent residue from the PVC and thoroughly dry the bag with a clean dry cloth.
Spray the handbag with a light mist of silicone-based automotive vinyl protectant, the kind used to clean auto interiors. Wipe the bag with a clean and dry lint-free cloth.
Mist the inside lining of the handbag with a spray fabric refresher to keep it smelling fresh.
Let your PVC handbag air dry until it is completely moisture-free. Replace the bag's contents only when it has dried completely.
Tips and warnings
- Never put a PVC handbag in the washer or dryer. Avoid heating PVC, as it may melt.
- Avoid using solvents, such as acetone nail polish remover on your PVC handbag. Solvents can permanently damage polymers like PVC.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for