Having the ability to ping multiple IP addresses at once is useful when monitoring devices on a network. The ping utility in Windows only allows for a single host to be pinged unless multiple windows are opened at once. You also cannot ping a host every few seconds without setting up additional scripts. Many free software solutions exist that allow for multiple IP addresses to be pinged at once, one of these is PingInfoView.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Download PingInfoView from the official website.
Extract all three files from the ZIP file into a folder.
Double-click the PingInfoView.exe program file to run it.
Enter the list of IP addresses into the input box that loads up. Each IP address should be on a separate line.
To ping the devices at regular intervals, ensure the tickbox is selected for "Ping again every..." and then enter a value in the input box on the right.
Click "OK" to begin pinging the IP addresses you entered.
Download NetPing from the official site.
Extract all the files in the ZIP folder to a folder on your local disk drive.
Double-click the NetPing.exe program to run it
Enter a start and end IP address in the fields under the "Start address:" and "End address:" labels.
Click "Go" to begin pinging the hosts.
Download FREEping from the official site.
Double-click the FREEPing set-up file to run it. Follow the set-up wizard and leave all installation settings as default. Run the FREEping program from the Start menu.
Click "Host" then "Add" to add hosts to the ping list. Repeat this step until all required hosts are added. FREEping will automatically ping the hosts added.
Tips and warnings
- Ensure the tickbox for "Remember addresses list" is ticked if you want to save your list of IP addresses when using PingInfoView.
- Make sure you have permission from the network administrator if you are pinging a large list of IP addresses at regular intervals.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for