You can make waffles from scratch, from waffle mix or from pancake mix. It isn't necessary to buy both waffle and pancake mix, when pancake mix makes delicious waffles. Waffles are made of a richer batter than pancakes, with an additional egg and oil. In fact, most pancake mixes offer directions for creating waffles out of the mix.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Pancake mix
- Mixing spoon
- 2 eggs
- 355 ml (1 1/2 cups) milk
- 4 tbsp oil or shortening
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- Waffle iron
Preheat your waffle iron.
Crack open 2 eggs into a large mixing bowl. Beat the egg. Add 1 tbsp almond extract, 355 ml (1 1/2 cups) of milk and 4 tbsp oil, butter or melted shortening. Stir the mixture until it is combined.
Pour 474 ml (2 cups) pancake mix into the wet mixture. Stir until all lumps have been dissolved.
Pour a portion of batter onto the hot waffle iron. This amount will vary depending on the size and type of waffle iron. Always follow the manufacturer's specifications.
Open the waffle iron and remove the waffle, when it stops steaming.
Tips and warnings
- You may add different food items to the batter, before pouring it into the waffle iron. Try chocolate chips, nuts, coconut and fruit.
- Although maple syrup is a common topping for waffles, try berries and whipped cream for a breakfast alternative or dessert.
- To make Norwegian waffles from pancake mix, add another egg and a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the batter.
- Replace the almond extract in the recipe for any other extract of your choice, such as rum, vanilla or maple.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for