Colouring your hair at home can be somewhat intimidating--especially if you've never done it before or want to significantly change your hair colour. But with a little preparation, you can get salon-quality results on a drugstore budget. L'Oreal Feria Multi-Faceted Shimmering Color comes in 38 shades, each with 3X highlights. It's easy to get the hair colour you've always wanted. Just follow the simple step-by-step directions.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Box of L'Oreal Feria
Pour the Shimmering Conditioning Color Gel into the Shimmering Developer Creme bottle. Add the Aromatic Shimmer Serum. Replace the applicator cap on the Shimmering Conditioning Developer Creme, remove the flat cap and twist on the Pro-Touch applicator tip.
Put on gloves. Squeeze the colour onto dry, unwashed, detangled hair. Start at the front and work your way back, from roots to ends. Use as much or as little colour as you need. If you have long hair, pile it loosely on your head and secure with a plastic clip. Saturate your hair completely.
Time for 25 minutes.
Rinse and lather your hair until the water is clear.
Apply the Shimmer Boost Conditioner. Leave it on for two minutes. Style your hair as usual.
Tips and warnings
- Do a strand test before you colour to get an idea of how long to leave the mixture in for your desired hair colour.
- Apply a little Shimmer Boost Conditioner around your hairline and ears so your skin doesn't absorb colour.
- Thick or long hair may require two boxes of colour.
- Drape a towel over your shoulders to protect clothing and floor.
- No need to shampoo.
- Before you colour, mix a small amount of formula and apply a quarter-sized amount to the inside of your elbow. Wait 48 hours to make sure you don't have an allergic reaction. If redness or irritation occur, consult your doctor before colouring.
- Colour may stain fabric.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for