Making your own homemade washing powder is sure to save some dollars and ensure you have fresh, clean clothes without any harsh chemicals. Most commercially available washing powders that promise to make your clothes brighter and whiter are filled with toxic chemicals that are harmful for the fabric as well as your skin. Homemade washing powder made using natural ingredients also helps keep the environment phosphate free.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Pot or pan
- 1/2 pint water
- Unscented soap made from vegetable oil
- 125ml washing soda crystals
- 10 drops essential oil
- Air tight container
Use a large stock pot or pan and pour water into it and bring to boil.
Grate the soap bar and add it to the water once boiled. Keep stirring the solution with a spoon until the soap dissolves in water completely.
Take the pot or pan off the heat and let cool slightly.
Add washing soda crystals and essential oil into the solution and mix well.
Store the washing powder in an air tight container.
Tips and warnings
- Because this homemade washing powder is made without using any chemicals, it can be easily used with energy efficient appliances.
- Lavender essential oil can cause hormone disruption in pregnant women and young boys.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for