If you've won that dream item with the highest bid on an eBay auction you'll want to get your hands on it as quickly as possible. Sellers on eBay can't ship the item until you've paid and the payment has cleared. One of the quickest and easiest ways to pay quickly is to use a credit card. Not all eBay sellers offer credit card payment but many do offer this facility. If credit card payment is essential for you then check the payment information on the listing before you bid for or buy the item. Paying by credit card is simple and secure through eBay's "checkout" facility.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Internet access
- eBay account
- Valid credit card
Open your Web browser and log into eBay.
Click on "My eBay" and then click on the "Win/Purchased" link in the left-hand menu. Click the listing link for the item that you've bought or won.
Click the "Pay Now" button. This opens the payment window.
Check all details, including the shipping address, shipping costs and any taxes payable. Much of this information is auto-populated from the preferences you set when you opened an eBay account. Click the "Continue" button.
Choose the credit card option as your payment method. This opens a separate, secure window. Type your credit card number and card expiry date into the relevant dialogue boxes. You may also need to enter the three-digit security code. You'll find this on the white signature strip on the back of the card.
Click the "Confirm Your Payment" button. This completes the purchase.
Tips and warnings
- Open a PayPal account and register a credit card to fund your purchases. Many eBay sellers offer PayPal as a payment option and you can pay for these items quickly by clicking the PayPal button. This does away with the need to enter your credit card details each time you buy an item.
- Paying by credit card usually offers extra protection for buyers, including compensation if the item turns out to be faulty.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for