The MPC 1000 is a compact sampler and sequencer designed and sold by Akai. Most of the work done on the device is saved to an external compact flash card. The original factory settings for the MPC 1000 are stored in its internal memory and can be accessed at any time. If the device malfunctions for any reason, restoring factory settings may be a good way to determine what the problem is -- and may even fix it altogether.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Turn off the "Power" switch on the back of the device. Unplug it for 30 seconds to a minute then plug it back in.
Hold the "Erase" key on the right of the front panel and turn the "Power" switch back on.
Hold the "Erase" and "Power" button until the display screen turns on. The display will show "MPC1000 (##MB installed)" if this has been done properly. The factory settings have now been restored and the device is reset.
Tips and warnings
- If the device is still not working, it is either a hardware issue or your device may be defective.
- Save all previous settings to the compact flash card before resetting.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for