Mold thrives in wet, warm environments and can grow quickly when trapped inside walls. If you notice any mould on your walls, immediately remove it using bleach or a commercial mould mixture. If mould spreads, it can grow on the inside of walls. Once mould enters the interior of a wall or the insulation, seek the help of a professional. Removing pieces of wall can lead to damage to the structure of your home if you are not careful.
Things you need
Fill an empty spray bottle with undiluted vinegar.
Hold the spray bottle several inches from the bathroom walls and pull the trigger. Move the bottle over by several inches and spray again.
Allow the spray to sit for 10 to 20 minutes.
Scrub the walls with a clean sponge.
Wipe the walls clean using a clean rag. If mould remains, repeat the entire process.
Wipe the walls clean with a warm, soapy towel. Dry the walls off with a clean towel.
Fill an empty spray bottle with a mixture of 1 part bleach for every 2 parts water. Check the back of the bleach bottle for any suggestions on different ratios or precautions. Alternatively, use a commercial mould remover.
Spray the mould on the wall with the mixture of bleach and water. Allow the mixture to sit on the wall for several minutes.
Wipe the mixture off the wall using a clean rag.
Dry the wall thoroughly with a clean towel.
- Keep your walls dry to avoid further mould. Wear rubber gloves when cleaning the walls.
Tips and Warnings
- Keep your walls dry to avoid further mould.
- Wear rubber gloves when cleaning the walls.
Things you need
- Spray bottle
- Undiluted vinegar