There are many different shoe and sneaker trends, and thus there are many ways to lace and tie shoes. Turning sneakers into slip-on type shoes through lacing methods is one of the most popular trends. In order to create this look an over-under lacing method must be used.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- High-top sneakers
Place one end of the shoelace in the lowest left eyelet. Do the same on the right eyelet so you have two laces that end up on the inside of the shoe's tongue.
Thread the left lace across the tongue and feed it into the right eyelet directly diagonal. Repeat the step with the right lace being fed into the left diagonal eyelet.
Repeat step two until you reach the last eyelet on the shoe. The strings will appear to be hanging out of the shoe at this point.
Tie a small knot in the left string by creating a loop and pulling the string through it. Repeat on the right side.
Pull lightly on the second "X" section from the top. This will pull the untied laces slightly tighter to the shoe.
Pull lightly on the first "X" section from the top. This will pull the untied laces a little tighter to the shoe.
Slip your foot into the shoe and move it around slightly from right to left to get the appropriate looseness.
Tips and warnings
- This method works best on sneakers with many eyelets. High-tops work best.
- This is a fashion option only and should not be considered a lacing or tying method for actual physical activity. You risk ankle injury with loose or untied shoes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for