Making speciality coffee drinks at home is easier than ever with the growing number of flavoured grounds and syrups on the market. Special steamers and brewers can make a person feel like a professional barista, but making an inviting cup of cappuccino or latte can be done without investing in expensive appliances.
One very important step in creating a tasty coffee drink is the process of steaming the milk. This only takes a few minutes and can be done with milk, soy milk or nondairy creamer.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- 170gr milk
- Quart saucepan
Place the saucepan on the hob and pour the milk into the saucepan.
Heat the milk slowly over medium heat. Allow the milk to simmer until bubbles form around the edges. Take care not to boil the milk.
Remove any skin that has formed on the surface of the milk with a spoon.
Pour the milk into a coffee cup.
Tips and warnings
- When choosing the type of milk for steaming, any kind will do, but whole or 2 per cent milk will offer the most flavour.
- Heat the milk before brewing your coffee as the milk will retain its heat for a longer period of time.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for