Mold can grow anywhere inside or outside your home. If you live in a humid climate, it may grow in more areas because mould needs water to survive and is attracted to areas with excess moisture and humidity. Once it begins to grow, it will spread to other areas. You might not mind a spot of mould on your stone terrace, but the mould will eventually spread to your home's siding and inside your home where it could cause real damage. To prevent this, remove the mould as soon as you notice it.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Dust mask
- Stone soap
- Scrubbing brush
Put on gloves, goggles and a dust mask. Some types of mould can cause serious health issues such as lung infections and memory loss.
Cover plants on your terrace to prevent them from getting damaged during the cleaning process.
Fill a bucket with warm water.
Add stone soap to the water according to the manufacturer's recommendation. Use soap designed for use on the stone terrace because some types of soap contain bleaches that will damage the stone.
Dip a sponge into the solution and spread it over the entire stone terrace. Pay special attention to visible mould growth, but cover the entire area to remove invisible mould growth.
Let the soap sit for at least 20 minutes.
Scrub the soapy solution into the terrace with a soft-bristled brush. Do not use wire bristled brushes because they will damage the stone.
Rinse the terrace with a garden hose.
Tips and warnings
- Choose to remove the mould on a sunny day when the water will dry quickly on the terrace. This will prevent more mould from growing back there.
- Keep children and pets away from the area while you are working.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for