Internet Explorer comes with the Bing toolbar for Web searches. However, many people prefer Google's search engine, which is the most popular. Google provides a free download of its toolbar, available for top Web browsers, including Internet Explorer 6 and newer. Download the toolbar's installation software and run the program to automatically add Google's toolbar to Internet Explorer.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Open Internet Explorer.
Go to the Google toolbar download page (see Resources).
Click the grey "Install Google Toolbar" button on the right side of the page. The terms and conditions appear.
Read the terms and conditions and click "Agree and Install" at the bottom of the page. An installation prompt appears.
Click "Allow" or "Yes," depending on your operating system, to let the Google toolbar's installation software make changes to Internet Explorer. The toolbar installs to Internet Explorer.
Restart Internet Explorer.
Tips and warnings
- You must have Service Pack 2 installed on Windows XP in order to install the Google toolbar (see Resources).
- Check your Internet Explorer's version to ensure it is 6 or higher. Click "Help" and click "About Internet Explorer."
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for