Founded in 1938, Samsung Electronics is a well-known Korean appliance manufacturer. Samsung offers a popular line of residential window, floor standing and split air conditioners, many of which can be operated by remote control. In addition to cooling your home, these air conditioners can be programmed to automatically turn on or off at designed times. You can easily program these and other air conditioner features using the remote that was included with your appliance.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Use the remote to program an automatic "On" time for your Samsung air conditioner. Start with the appliance turned off; press the "On/Off" button on the remote, if necessary. Set the number of hours until you want the air conditioner to turn on; press the "Timer" button until the desired number is displayed on the appliance control panel. Note that the countdown timer for the air conditioner can be set to between one and 24 hours.
Program an automatic "Off" time for the air conditioner. Start with the appliance turned on. Specify the number of hours until you want the air conditioner to turn off. Press the "Timer" button until the desired number is displayed; the number of hours until the automatic off time can be set to between one and 24 hours.
Use the remote to program the Sleep Mode function on your Samsung air conditioner; this feature can be used to automatically turn off the appliance after it has been running for a specified number of hours. Press the "Sleep" button; a moon icon and the number "8" will appear on the air conditioner control panel. Press the "Sleep" button repeatedly to decrease the number of hours until automatic shutoff by one-hour increments.
Take advantage of the air conditioner's Energy Saver feature to reduce the amount of energy used to operate the appliance. Press the "Energy Saver" button on the remote until the energy saver icon on the air conditioner control panel lights up; this causes the appliance to run the fan for a brief time after the compressor has cycled off.
Tips and warnings
- If you have trouble using the remote to program your air conditioner, try replacing the batteries. Samsung advises that the batteries in your air conditioner remote control may be fully discharged after 12 months, even if the remote has not been used.
- Programming instructions may differ by Samsung air conditioner remote model. If necessary, contact Samsung customer support for model-specific instructions.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for