Theatre mode allows you to connect a second screen to your personal computer and play videos directly from your hard drive. This is especially useful if your personal computer contains video files that cannot be played on your DVD player. For example, you may have home movies on your personal computer and no way to watch them on your TV. Theatre mode is an effective way to send videos to your TV with minimal hassle.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Windows XP Operating System
- ATI Catalyst Control Center
- ATI video card
- Second Display with S-video or HDMI video ports
- S-Video or HDMI video cable
- Video files
Right-click the desktop. A context menu will appear.
Select "Catalyst Control Center" from the context menu. Catalyst Control Center will load.
Select the "Graphics Settings" tab.
Click "Avivo Video" in the left-hand column. A sub-menu will then expand.
Click "Theater Mode" in the sub-menu. This will cause "Theater Mode" to be displayed in the main menu.
Select "in Theater Mode (full screen)" in the "Select Theater Mode Overlay" setting.
Select "Match the source video" in the "Theater Mode Settings" section.
Play your video, which will now be displayed on your television.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for