The wall feature on Facebook lets you leave messages for your friends. When you post comments, pictures or videos on someone's Facebook wall, those items are visible to your friend and anyone else who has access to his wall. Posting to a friend's wall is a great way to wish him a happy birthday, pass along a quick message or reminder, or just to wish him good luck at an upcoming event.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Navigate to facebook.com.
Click the empty box beneath "Email" and enter your e-mail address that is associated with your Facebook account. Click the empty box beneath "Password" and enter your password associated with your Facebook account. Click "Login" to log in to your account.
Type the first few letters of someone's name in the Search field at the top of the Home screen. A list of matching names will drop down beneath the Search box.
Click the name of the person whose wall you want to post a message on. Facebook will direct you to that person's account.
Place your cursor in the "Write something" box beneath Share. The Share section of the page is located in the middle of the screen, often beneath a row of your friend's photos.
Type a message. Click "Share" to post the message to your friend's wall.
Tips and warnings
- You must be friends with a person on Facebook to post to his wall.
- In some cases, such as when a person disallows posting by friends, you may be unable to post on a wall. In this case, you must either put your message on your own wall and hope the other person sees it or send your message via a private message.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for