One of Skype's basic communication methods is via text chat with other Skype users. This basic style of chatting, which is similar to other instant messengers, is perhaps less exciting than engaging in a video chat or making a conference call to other Skype users. Nonetheless, your text chats do not need to be boring. One option for livening things up -- or simply for sharing information with a contact -- is to send a photo via Skype.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Open Skype and sign in.
Click the contact to whom you wish to send a picture in Skype's left panel. The main portion of Skype changes to show your recent interactions with this contact.
Click the words "Send file." These are located between the area where you type messages to send to your contact and the area where these messages appear when you send them. This opens a new window.
Navigate to the photo you wish to send in the new window. Click the photo when you find it, then click "Open." Wait for your contact to accept the transfer. It may take a few minutes to send your photo.
Tips and warnings
- You can also send files to a contact by right-clicking his name in your contact list and clicking "Send File" from the list that appears. From there you can select the photo you wish to send and proceed as normal.
- If your contact is offline, indicated by a grey shape with an "X" in it beside his name in your contact list, he will not be able to accept the picture. Wait until he signs on before you attempt to send him a photo.
- You can send more than one photo at once. Proceed as normal until you reach the window where you can select files to send. Hold down "Ctrl" while clicking on more than one photo, then click "Open."
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for