Loctite is a brand of super glue products. Super glue is an extremely adhesive type of glue that bonds almost any material together in seconds including, unfortunately, skin, if you accidentally get any of the product on your hands while working with it. The faster you move to remove it, the better. Although it's possible to remove the glue once it has fully dried, it's much less difficult to clean it off it when it first drips onto your skin.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Dish washing liquid
- Popsicle stick or tongue depressor
- Fingernail brush or toothbrush
- Hand cream
Fill a sink with warm water and 2 tbsp of dish washing liquid. Place the affected hand or area in the water and allow it to soak for five minutes.
Use a Popsicle stick or tongue depressor to gently peel apart the areas where your skin is stuck together. Most commonly, it's fingers that get stuck to each other. Do not force the skin areas apart; just gradually work the stick in between them.
Scrub the glued areas with a fingernail brush or toothbrush. If the water becomes less soapy, drain the sink a bit and add more warm water while adding another squirt of dish washing liquid to make suds.
Continue scrubbing your skin until you remove the glue. Run warm water from the faucet, wash your hands, dry them, and apply hand cream to soothe any irritation caused by the glue and the scrubbing.
Tips and warnings
- If large amounts of glue have got on your skin and have caused burns, immediately seek medical attention.
- Acetone-based products, such as nail polish remover, can be used sparingly to help remove glue. Apply the product to the affected area with a cotton swab to help loosen the bond. Separate skin the same way as described above in Steps 1 to 4.
- Acetone-based products remove your skin's natural oils, so after using such a product on your skin, rinse it off thoroughly and apply cream or lotion to help moisturise the skin.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for