4chan is an image board website that allows users to upload and share pictures and text with each other anonymously. The site is split up into different pages based on content, such as "Video Games," "Japanese Cartoons," "Fashion" and "Sports." Because of the vast amount of content uploaded everyday, it can become difficult to find a post you placed. However, there are a few ways you can try and locate a missing thread, as long as it hasn't been deleted by 4chan's administrators.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Firefox Web browser
- 4chan toolbar add-on
Post your thread on 4chan.
Keep the post up on your browser and click on the "Bookmarks" option in the toolbar.
Save your thread under your bookmarks and you can access it as long as it remains on 4chan.
Download Firefox if you don't already have it.
Download the 4chan toolbar add-on for Firefox. Firefox is currently the only browser with the 4chan add-on that can help you keep track of your threads.
Post your thread on 4chan and click on the empty box next to your post. The box will turn green, indicating that you are now following this thread.
Open the 4chan add-on from the Firefox toolbar.
Click on the "Thread Watcher" option. Click the "View" button next to your thread, which if you selected when you posted, should appear in the window.
Firefox Add On
Tips and warnings
- If you are having trouble finding your thread, it could be because it has been deleted. Most 4chan boards are limited to around 11 pages and everything after that gets deleted. Deletions happen regularly, and once they are deleted they are gone forever.
- Many threads on 4chan contain adult material, so browse carefully.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for