Skinless chicken breasts are low in fat and do not take long to cook. The boneless chicken needs to be cooked to well-done to prevent a food-borne illness. While you can cook the chicken breasts using a variety of methods, baking them in the oven allows you to cook them indoors without the addition of considerable extra fat or grease. The chicken does not have to taste bland; you can season it with wet or dry ingredients to customise the poultry to your tastes.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Olive or vegetable oil
- Baking tray
- Meat thermometer
Heat the oven to 191 degrees Celsius.
Brush olive or vegetable oil over the chicken breasts. Season the chicken with pepper or salt if you desire.
Place the chicken breasts on a baking tray. Bake the chicken breasts for 15 to 25 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the oven when the internal temperature reaches 71.1 degrees Celsius, the juices run clear and the meat does not appear pink. Test the chicken breast's temperature with a meat thermometer.
Allow the chicken to cool for 5 minutes. Serve the skinless chicken breasts immediately.
Tips and warnings
- Thaw frozen chicken in the refrigerator overnight first because frozen chicken will take longer to cook in the oven.
- Add other seasonings to the chicken such as garlic powder, onion powder, thyme or oregano.
- Pour barbecue sauce over the chicken breasts and bake them in the oven in a baking dish until they reach 71.1 degrees Celsius.
- Always wash kitchen utensils, hands and cooking surfaces before and after handling raw chicken to prevent the risk of a food-borne illness.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for