Over time, non-stick cooking pans can become scratched and the non-stick surface can become damaged. This will not only cause the pan to stop working how it should, but if any of the non-stick flakes get into your food it could pose a serious health risk. If you'd like to make a damaged non-stick pan good as new again, you can do so easily and quickly with the help of some non-stick cookware repair spray.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Dish soap
- Dish towel
- Non-stick cookware repair spray
Drizzle some dish soap over the pan you wish to repair and add a little bit of hot water. Use a scrubber to remove all food remnants and rinse well. Dry with a dish towel.
Shake a can of non-stick cookware repair spray well and spray a thick even layer over the surface of the pan. Allow the pan to sit for 30 minutes and preheat your oven to 287 degrees C.
Bake the pan for 30 minutes before turning off the oven. Let the hot pan sit in the oven until it cools down completely on its own. Remove the pan from the oven and wash it thoroughly with more dish soap and the scrubber.
Tips and warnings
- Non-stick cookware repair spray can be found in kitchen speciality stores, home improvement stores and online.
- Make sure the pan that you are repairing is oven safe.
- Some pan companies, such as Calphalon, will repair any damages in the pan's surface if you don't wish to do it yourself. To inquire, contact the specific pan company for more information.
- As with any non-stick pan, avoid scraping and scratching the new surface with any metal utensils, which could cause bits of the finish to get into your food.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for