One of the driving forces behind the growing skin care industry, are consumers with ageing skin. To satisfy them, pharmaceutical companies have developed technologically advanced product lines to address the symptoms of ageing. Obagi Medical designs products containing prescription-strength ingredients to rid the skin of the most common and visible disorders. One of the workhorses of the Obagi Nu-Derm skin care regimen, Clear, uses a solution of four per cent hydroquinoine to lighten freckles, age and liver spots and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Remove oil and debris from the skin to prepare the skin for the application of Obagi Clear. For normal, dry or sensitive skin, use a gentle cream cleanser. For normal to oily skin use a foaming cleanser. Pour a quarter-sized amount of cleanser into wet hands and use the fingertips to massage it over the skin. Rinse with lukewarm water, and blot the skin dry with a clean towel.
Apply toner to freshly cleansed skin to balance the pH. This step enables the skin to naturally protect itself from bacteria and provides the environment for optimum absorption of Obagi Clear. Apply a generous amount of toner to a cotton ball; then smooth it over the skin. Avoid areas on the skin that have open lesions, since this can cause irritation.
Pour a half-gram of Obagi Clear on the fingertips and smooth it evenly over the entire face, taking care to extend the application over the hairline and ears. Include the eyelids. Gently rub the product into the skin until completely absorbed. Wait two minutes then apply a second coat of Obagi Clear directly to any dark spots. Follow this process day and night for the best results.
Use an appropriate SPF lotion or cream on your skin to protect it from hypersensitivity. An SPF should offer broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection. Obagi Clear lightens darkened areas of the skin by increasing the breakdown of pigment producing product in the skin and slowing production. Neglecting to protect by wearing and SPF could cause the spots to darken.
Tips and warnings
- Discontinue daily use of Obagi Clear once you achieve the desired results. Instead, apply the product to affected parts of the skin only as new pigmentation problems appear.
- Obagi Clear contains sodium metabisulfite, which can cause a serious allergic reaction that can include hives, itching, wheezing, and several asthma attacks. If you are susceptible to these reactions, use caution when considering the use of Obagi Clear.
- Do not use Obagi clear if you are pregnant or nursing. Hydroquinoine, the active ingredient in the product has not been tested to determine if it can cause injury to a developing baby.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for