The term "Ninja" otherwise known as Shinobi, was given to secretive warriors of feudal Japan. The ninja closely resemble those individuals considered mercenaries, as they were hired to perform acts of terror, covert operations and assassinations. The ninja used a variety of weapons and often used a ninja sword. The ninja sword is a shorter version of the katana blade. A full tang ninja sword describes a sword with the metal fully incorporated into the handle, and it is worn a specific way.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Leather or cloth strap
- Ninja sword
Tie a leather or cloth strap around the sword sheath, just beneath the handle.
Tie a cinch loop in the leather strap big enough to fit over your shoulder. Hold the strap by the loop you just created in the air and ensure that the sword hangs vertically.
Fit your arm through the loop and cinch the loop onto your shoulder. If you are right-handed, fit the loop over your left shoulder. Tuck the sheath in between your belt and waist. Ensure that the concave curve of the sword sheath is facing down.
Adjust the strap on your shoulder and your sheath until the sword handle is angled slightly in front of you, and the front is angled out slightly behind your back. The ideal position is for the handle to cross over your mid section slightly for quick access.
Tips and warnings
- Ninja swords were also worn in many other ways. Some ninja swords were tucked into strapping on the back, or in between a belt and the waist. Depending on your personal preference, wearing a ninja sword should be done with comfort and expedient access in mind.
- Use extreme caution when handling a ninja sword. These are typically razor sharp and can lacerate skin quickly.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for