Kangol manufactures a wide range of head-wear for both men and women. One of the company's more successful models is the men's woollen golf cap. The cap is fitted around the crown and slants forward, providing a thin, elegant brim to shield the eyes. Most of these caps are made from wool, canvas or other materials which should not be machine washed. Once washed, the hat may shrink or become distorted. A gentle spot treatment is the most effective way of cleaning and maintaining your Kangol cap.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Soft bristle brush
- Powdered hat cleaner
- Damp cloth
Brush the top and sides of the cap with a bristled brush. Use a firm, slow stroke and brush from the back of the cap toward the front.
Sprinkle a small amount of powdered hat cleaner onto any visible oils or stains. Allow the powder to penetrate the fabric and absorb the stain.
Remove the stain and powder by gently brushing the area with your bristled brush.
Wipe the interior headband of your cap with a damp cloth to remove any sweat stains. Finish the headband with a smooth brushing.
Tips and warnings
- If the cap is odorous, or requires a more intensive cleaning, allow it to soak undisturbed in a sink of cold water for half an hour. Once removed from the cold bath, the cap should be allowed to air dry at room temperature.
- An alternative method is steam cleaning. Bring the cap to your neighbourhood dry cleaners for a fast and professional job.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for