A Master Lock G.l.o. combination lock is simply a pearl-chrome-coloured Sphero combination padlock, also known as a SmoothSpin lock, which lights up with a blue, green, red or purple glow when you dial your combination. Master Lock provides two services for combination recovery -- a free online Master Lock Vault account where the owner leaves the combination and later retrieves it as needed; and a mail-in recovery service. Master Lock won't retrieve combinations for newer retail locks without serial numbers or attached locks.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Camera (optional)
- Copier (optional)
- Printer (optional)
- Notary (optional)
Visit the Master Lock Vault Web page if you saved the combination online. Provide your username in the "Get Started in 3 Easy Steps" section, click the "Continue" button, then enter your passcode. Follow the on-screen instructions to recover your combination.
Make a copy of the back of your unattached Master Lock G.l.o. padlock with a camera or copier if you didn't save the combo online and you have the padlock's serial number. Print a copy and write the serial number on it. Print and fill out the Master Lock Lost Combination Form (see the Resources section), have it witnessed by a notary, send the paperwork to Master Lock, then wait four to six weeks for the combination or for Master Lock to send you a notice that the combination is unrecoverable.
Contact a local locksmith if Master Lock can't retrieve the combination, if your lock doesn't have a serial number or if it's attached to another object. Hire the locksmith to come to the lock's location and recover the combination or take the lock to the locksmith to have the combination retrieved.
Tips and warnings
- If you forgot your Master Lock Vault username or password, click the "I forgot my login information, please help" link under the "Continue" and "New Vault" buttons on the Master Lock Vault home page.
- If you're no longer using the same e-mail address and can't remember your username and passcode, go to the Master Lock Vault Reset My Vault Account page (see Resources), enter you registered e-mail address and follow the on-screen instructions to change your address and re-access your account.
- The E-Commerce Team (see Resources) handles recovery requests made outside of the United States.
- Master Lock won't retrieve a combination for an inmate unless the request is on paper that has prison letterhead.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for