A lot of women dream of having beautiful, soft and feminine hands. Unfortunately, due to the everyday demands that require the use of those extremities, some women struggle to keep their hands looking and feeling beautiful. Women often experience overdrying of the skin on their hands due to unprotected use of household cleaning solutions and just the general task of daily hand washing. Feminine-looking hands, however, are possible with the right care.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Moisturising soap
- Small bowl
- Olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- Hand towel
- Hand lotion or petroleum jelly
Wash your hands with moisturising soap and warm water to remove all dirt and oil.
Fill a small bowl with warm water, and add a few drops of olive oil for extra moisturiser. Soak your hands in the bowl for five minutes.
Put about 1 1/2 tsp of sugar on your hands with a little of the warm water, and rub your hands together. Rub the sugar all over the front and back of your hands for a few minutes.
Rinse your hands well with warm water, and gently pat them dry with a hand towel.
Apply hand lotion or petroleum jelly to your hands. Allow the skin to absorb most of the application before resuming your normal activities.
Tips and warnings
- Use gloves when you handle harsh cleaning products, expose your hands to cold temperatures and do chores that involve touching rough surfaces.
- For maximum results, moisturise daily, use a treatment such as the one in this article three to four times each week and consume a hair, skin and nails supplement daily.
- Avoid smoking. It damages skin's collagen and blocks the storage of vitamin A, which protects skin.
- Hands are exposed to the sun's rays daily. So apply sunscreen daily to protect them.
- Allow your hands to absorb lotion or petroleum jelly fully before they contact your eyes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for