False eyebrows are often utilised for Halloween parties, costume parties and theatrical shows. Look at pictures of different eyebrow styles and shapes, such as the eyebrows of Brooke Shields, Audrey Hepburn, Joan Crawford, drag queens, Albert Einstein or Spock from "Star Trek" for ideas. If you are short on cash but need to make a pair of false eyebrows for a show or party, look no further than your own bathroom, as cotton balls are ideal for quick, simple false eyebrows.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cotton balls (2)
- Brown or black marker (optional)
- Brown or black paint (optional)
- Eyelash adhesive
Thin out one or two cotton balls, depending on how many brow sets you would like to make, into your chosen eyebrow shape. Gently pull on the cotton and twirl it to shape it into eyebrows. If you are going to make thinner eyebrows, tear the cotton ball in half before you begin shaping them; otherwise, the fake eyebrows will remain quite bushy.
Add colour to the eyebrows with brown or black marker, if desired. Use light amounts of paint in place of the markers if you are using the cotton balls for texture only and are attaching the cotton to another material. Eyebrows may also be left white for costume purposes.
Place a small amount of false eyelash adhesive on the back of the eyebrows when ready to wear.
Tips and warnings
- Other false eyebrow options include eyebrow stencil kits, where the eyebrows are drawn on with make-up pencils, and eyebrow wigs. Eyebrow wigs are made out of synthetic or human hair and sit on a skin-like base. Such wigs are often used for those who lost their eyebrows due to a disease or injury.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for