The Cosmelan treatment for reducing age spots and irregular pigmentation on the skin requires an in-office application by your dermatologist. After this initial treatment, follow the at-home maintenance program to improve your results. The home peel system includes the Cosmelan peel product and an intensive moisturising cream. For the day of treatment and the following day, only use the moisturising product. The maintenance care phase begins on the third day. Follow this routine twice daily for two weeks, and then once daily for six to 12 months, or as long as your dermatologist recommends.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Apply the Hydra-Vital Factor K cream to all of the skin that was treated during your in-office treatment. Use as many applications as are necessary to keep your skin hydrated. If your skin begins to peel or feel tight, apply more cream.
Apply an SPF 30 or higher sunblock to the entire area following the cream application. The sunblock should contain zinc oxide.
Repeat Steps 1-3 the day after your in-office treatment.
Use water and a mild cleanser before each application of the Cosmelan 2 peel product. You do not need to wash your face before applying the moisturiser alone. Gently blot your face dry with a soft towel after cleansing.
Apply the Cosmelan 2 product to your skin twice daily, morning and evening, for two weeks. Thereafter, use it once daily, either morning or evening, for as long as your dermatologist recommends. Massage the Cosmelan 2 product on the entire area of skin. Distribute it in a thin layer using light, circular motions. Wait 15 minutes.
Apply the Hydra-Vital Factor K cream evenly to the entire area. Re-apply this cream throughout the day, as many times as you need to maintain hydrated skin.
Apply SPF 30 sunblock after each treatment.
Tips and warnings
- Flaking, dryness and redness will occur throughout the first two weeks of treatment. Avoid scratching or picking at your treated skin.
- Avoid exfoliating or using other harsh products during your treatment. Ask your dermatologist before using any additional products.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight. This can lessen the effects of your treatment.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for