Decorating balloons can be a fun way to dress up party decorations, and it's an enjoyable craft activity for kids as well. The shape of traditional balloons is the perfect surface on which to draw or create faces.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Cut out shapes
- Coloured dry erase marker pens / whiteboard pens
- Double-sided sticky tape
- Glue Dots
Prepare your work area, making sure there's plenty of space and that delicate surfaces are protected.
Inflate plenty of balloons, enough for at least two or three for each child.
Discuss what sort of face the children want to make -- happy, sad, angry, old -- and encourage them to select the materials, such as paper, stickers and pens, that they will want to use.
Draw or affix the nose first, around one third of the way down the balloon. It's easier to create the rest of the face around the nose.
Draw or affix eyes and a mouth.
Stick on wool or streamers for hair using the double-sided sticky tape or glue dots.
Tips and warnings
- You can create "feet" and a base for a balloon by taping a coin to feet shapes cut from cardboard.
- Avoid pens that use strong solvents as they can weaken and pop balloons.
- Some children are afraid of balloons, so have a different activity planned just in case.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for