A Memory Cross Card is an exciting craft idea for kids that also helps them learn Bible verses and teaches them biblical stories. This four-panel, interactive card is designed in an origami style that has a never-ending loop to fascinate children and keep their attention. It's a craft that can be done at home or as a Sunday school project for religious or other holidays. Memory Cross is a copyrighted design created by Pastor Andy Lambert, who works with Mike Vitamvas to print the cards. You can go to memorycross.com and order your own cards or make your own on the computer.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Crayons, coloured pencils or pens
Download and install the software program needed to create the card (see Resources), called Imcom's Flip-Pix (or PhotoMagiXX). Once installed, choose the option to "Create a New Fun-Flip Project."
Add photos to each section of the card as directed by clicking "Change Image" on the right side. Crop the picture to your satisfaction by moving the red lines. Click "Apply." After each application, click "Next."
Add text -- usually Bible verses although you can choose to write whatever you would like -- to the appropriate locations on top of the photos. The program will allow you to type in whatever text you choose. Hit "Apply."
You will repeat Steps 2 and 3 four times. When you have finished applying all photos with text, click "Done" and print your card.
Follow the folding, cutting and gluing tips printed at the bottom of your printout or on page 17 of the PhotoMagiXX user's manual (see Resources).
Tips and warnings
- By selecting "Select Background This View" underneath each photo you apply you can choose different colours and gradients.
- During the printing stage, select "Printer Calibration" if your photos don't print out properly formatted to the page.
- If you prefer to have the cards pre-made in the cross design, Memory Cross offers a variety of pre-printed colouring pages and other designs for children to customise (see Resources).
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for