Cardboard cutouts feature life-size photographs of people placed on an easel. These cutouts stand about the same height of a real person. The person represented can be a famous movie star, recording artist or other celebrity, or it can be a generic representation, such as a waitress, a businessman or a chef. You can also get cutouts for a friend or the guest of honour at a gathering.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- High-quality photograph
Select the image for the cardboard cutout. Companies that make cutouts provide images of famous people or characters and generic representations such as a police officer, astronaut, cowboy or a clown. You may also provide a photograph of a friend or colleague.
Select material for your cutout. You may choose cardboard, foam-core board or corrugated plastic sheets. Foam-core board is stronger than cardboard. It consists of three layers---an inner layer of polystyrene clad with outer facing of either a white clay-coated paper or brown craft paper. Corrugated plastic sheets are stronger than cardboard or foam-core board. The price of your cutout will be affected by the material you select.
Order your cutout far in advance of your event. Delivery and manufacturing times vary widely, and may take up to six weeks.
Tips and warnings
- When supplying your own photograph, choose one that is 10 mexapixels or higher in density. This information is listed on the camera. Choosing a higher-quality photograph will prevent loss of detail when the manufacturer enlarges it.
- Prices for custom cardboard cutouts can cost more than £55, as of March 2011. Premade cardboard cutouts of famous people, characters or objects range from £16 to £26, depending on the material you select as the backing for the cutout.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for