Use a Hollywood style to decorate a buffet table and add glitz, glamour and sparkle to your celebration. Hollywood table decor can help make your guests feel like celebrities. Choosing the right colours, materials, dishes and fabrics are key to creating this kind of ambience in the room. A Hollywood theme for your party is an excellent way to create a night to remember.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Cardboard boxes with lids or thick books
- Sparkly tablecloth
- Red table runner
- Serving dishes and beverage glasses
- Glass charms
- Mirrored tiles
- Pearlised or metallic-looking helium balloons
- White or clear miniature Christmas lights
- Crystal vases or tall glass containers
- Candelabra or votive candles
Place cardboard boxes with lids, thick books or other flat, raised items on the table before spreading the tablecloth. Creating different heights to display the food and beverage containers adds a professional look to the buffet table.
Pick two or three colours to use for the party theme. Hollywood themes work well with elegant colours of black and white, silver and gold or any other shades that have a sheen, glitter or sparkle to them..
Lay a tablecloth over the buffet table that is silver, gold or has a metallic sheen. Find fabrics with sequins, metallic threads or the lustrous look of satin for this display.
Add a bright red table runner over the tablecloth to resemble a red carpet. This adds a glamorous look to the buffet.
Serve the foods and beverages in dishes that are an opulent white with silver or gold trim or in crystal or glass to add sparkle and shine to the buffet table. Another festive-looking way to add glitz is to hang gold glass charms on the beverage glasses.
Place mirrored tiles underneath the dishes to reflect and bounce light around the room and add a classy touch to the table top.
Tape the streamers of pearlised or metallic-coloured helium balloons to the backside of the buffet table. Balloons add a festive air to this type of celebration.
Hang white or clear miniature Christmas lights around the edge of the buffet table. Draping them over a banner or other type of congratulatory sign above the buffet table adds a festive touch to the banner. Another idea is to drape a silver and gold star garland around the table edge or over the sign.
Stand your silverware in crystal vases or other tall, clear glass containers. The glass or crystal catches the lighting in the room and adds sparkle.
Tips and warnings
- Place a candelabra in the centre of the buffet table to add an enchanting glow to the space. Or light votive candles and place them along the back side of the buffet table to prevent them from being knocked off.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for