Kiwi offers a line of shoe and boot care products, including mink oil. Mink oil, intended for application on leather, can both condition and waterproof your boots. Apply the oil to new boots before wearing or use mink oil on clean, older boots to rejuvenate and waterproof the leather. The product is formulated with a blend of lanolin, silicone and mink oil. To best care for your boots, clean them of dirt and debris after each use and store them on a shoe tree.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Paper towels
Fold two to three paper towels into a square and dampen them with water.
Wipe your boots with the damp paper towels to remove all dirt and debris. Use more paper towels as needed.
Allow your boots to thoroughly dry before waterproofing them.
Apply about 1 tbsp of Kiwi mink oil to a soft, clean cloth.
Massage the oil into the leather of your boots, distributing it evenly in a thin layer. Apply more oil to the cloth as needed.
Wipe off the excess mink oil with another clean cloth as soon as you have finished applying it.
Place your boots in a warm, dry area for several hours to allow them to dry before wearing them.
Tips and warnings
- Remove the laces of your boots before applying any protective product to avoid staining them.
- Do not place leather shoes or boots near a source of direct heat, such as a radiator.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for