If you hunt for nocturnal species, you are familiar with the difficulty of seeing the prey, let alone trying to fire an accurate shot through a rifle scope. Modern military technology ends up trickling down to the civilian market, and the hunting realm takes advantage of military-developed night-vision technology. Adaptors are available to convert any rifle scope into a night-vision scope. The adaptors are made to go on the end of the rifle scope without tools in under a minute.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Day-night vision rifle scope adaptor
Point the rifle in a safe direction. Open the chamber and check that it is unloaded. Put the safety on.
Screw the QRM (quick-release mount) to the front underside of the optic barrel on the scope. Turn the lock dial under the mount clockwise to close the mount jaws onto the barrel.
Press the locking mount lever forward to ready the mounting bracket for the night-vision adaptor.
Hold the adaptor to the front of the optic barrel and align it with the QRM. Once you're on the QRM (listen for a click), pull the lock lever backward. The rifle scope is now ready for night-vision use.
Turn the night-vision scope to the On position and do not look at direct light through the scope.
Tips and warnings
- Because the night-vision adaptors are very expensive, consider getting a hard plastic case for transporting the device while in the field.
- Never look at direct sun or bright lights through the scope when the adaptor is on. This leads to eye damage or blindness.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for