Chicken nuggets are a crowd-pleasing favorite for kids and adults alike. They are perfect for lunch, dinner or even a snack, and can be cooked very quickly in a deep fryer. If you prefer spicy chicken nuggets, simply add cayenne or chili pepper seasoning. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces like ketchup, ranch, honey mustard and barbecue sauce. Add steamed vegetables or a salad to make it a balanced meal.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for frying
Heat oil in the deep fryer or a large pot to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
Combine flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion salt and pepper on a plate. Put the breadcrumbs on another plate.
Beat the egg and milk in a small bowl.
Cut the chicken into nugget-sized pieces, then coat each piece in the flour mixture.
Dip the pieces into the egg mixture and roll in the breadcrumbs.
Place chicken nuggets into the deep fryer in small batches and fry for 6 minutes, or until golden brown.
Remove chicken nuggets from the fryer and drain on paper towels. Allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Tips and warnings
- You may also bake the chicken nuggets in the oven for a healthier alternative. Heat oven to 400 degrees, place chicken on a baking sheet and brush with melted butter. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for