The AMI BIOS is a basic input/output system (BIOS) designed by American Megatrends Inc. (AMI). The BIOS is a piece of software installed on a microchip on the motherboard that allows it to interface with the various components of your system. Many different motherboard manufacturers use the AMI BIOS, so it is important to determine the manufacturer of your motherboard in order to find the right update for your system.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Download American Megatrends Inc. Motherboard Identification Utiliy (AMIMBID) from the American Megatrends website.
Double-click on the "mbid14.exe" file to run the utility which will determine the manufacturer of your motherboard.
Navigate to the manufacturer's website and find the "Downloads" or "Support" page.
Locate the correct update for your motherboard based on the information from the AMIMBID utility.
Download the update and install it by double-clicking on the file name.
Tips and warnings
- American Megatrends Inc. may not be the actual manufacturer of your motherboard even if it has an AMI BIOS.
- The AMIMBID utility will not function on a system with a non-AMI BIOS.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for