Using a Supra lockbox is one way to keep personal possessions for yourself -- or extra keys for housekeeping or maintenance people -- in a secure location. Setting the combination requires only the materials you're given with the lock and working knowledge of the mechanism. Once you set and safely hide the combination, you'll be the only person with access to your valuables or extra keys.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Open the unit and turn the "Open" knob until the Cam is in the locked position. Lift the plastic card from the centre of the edges on the back of the lock, and remove it. 10 numbered arrows on the back of the lock will be visible. Decide on a combination that is between three and seven digits, keeping in mind that you can only use each digit once.
Use the screwdriver tip on the plastic card you removed in the last step, to rotate the numbered arrows so that they're pointing down. Apply light pressure to each number in your combination -- in the proper order -- until it raises back into position. Do this for your entire combination sequence.
Check all of the numbered arrows on the back -- to make sure that your intended numbers have their arrows pointing down -- and that the other numbers have their arrows pointing up. All arrows should be flush with the surface on the back of the lock. Replace the plastic card on the back of the lock to keep the combination key screws hidden and your combination will be set.
Tips and warnings
- All of the numbered arrows on the back of the lock should be pointing either up or down. Be sure that none of them are pointing left or right before closing the lock, as the lock will not work.
- The Cam has to be set to the locked position before attempting to set the lock, as you could otherwise cause the lock permanent damage and void the warranty.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for