Window boxes don't have to be used exclusively for windows. You can beautify your deck by hanging window boxes from your deck railing. The window boxes can be hung using a bracket specifically designed to hang planters from deck railing. These brackets are installed without damaging your deck and can be removed at any time so you can modify the style and decor of your deck as needed. Select brackets in a finish that matches the other metal hardware on your home's exterior.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 2 deck rail hangers, with mounting screws
- Tape measure
- 24-inch-long window box
- Screw gun
Slide one deck rail hanger over the deck railing. Measure 18 inches from the first hanger with a tape measure and slide the second deck rail hanger over the deck railing.
Tighten the hand screws on the under side of the hangers with your fingers so they are secured to the railing.
Center the window box over the portion of the hangers that have the mounting holes in them.
Drive the provided screws through the mounting holes in the deck railing hangers into the back side of the window box with a screw gun.
Tips and warnings
- Consider hanging planters between posts along each side of the deck for a lush appearance.
- Wear eye protection when operating a screw gun.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for