Imagine being able to add night vision capabilities to your day vision rifle scope. This is no longer the stuff of science fiction or fanboy dreams. Adaptors are available to convert day scopes to night vision scopes. These devices are made to mount on the scope in under a minute with no tools. The devices do not come cheap however, with average prices around £975 for a kit, as of 2011. As such, transport the adaptors in hard plastic cases until they ready for use.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Night vision scope adaptor kit
Check that the rifle's safety is in the On position. Point the rifle in a safe direction.
Screw the night vision faceplate to the eyepiece lens on the rifle scope. A set of rubber threads allows the night vision adaptor to screw onto the exterior of the optic chamber over the eye-lens.
Run the adaptor scope up and over the top of the rifle scope, and attach the front night vision adaptor lens onto the front scope lens. Like the eye-lens, the front lens uses a series of rubber threads to mount externally.
Turn the night vision adaptor On. Wait 30 seconds, then look through the scope to see the enhanced night vision qualities.
Tips and warnings
- Keep the adaptors in a small plastic case while in the field or on the hunt. The adaptors do not affect the dial adjusters, so there is no need to zero the scope and reset the windage or elevator once the adaptor is installed.
- Never test the night vision adaptor in daylight. This may cause eye damage or blindness.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for