The G-Shock G7900A is a lightweight, shock-resistant and water-resistant timepiece designed for sports and outdoor use. As with other similar timepieces, the face of the G-Shock G7900A can collect dirt and oils from fingertips, and the bezel, bezel screws and white-resin wristband can quickly become dirty from exposure to dirt, sweat and clothing dyes. The key to cleaning the G-Shock is to use basic cleaning tools regularly to rub or brush away these accumulations and prevent permanent staining.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Lint-free microfiber cloth
- Mild liquid soap
- Soft-bristled brush
- Whitening toothpaste
- Baking soda (optional)
- Melamine resin foam eraser
Dampen a lint-free microfiber cloth and gently rub the watch face, bezel and the slots of the 4 large grey bezel screws that attach the bezel to the front of the watch. If you can't remove all the dirt, apply a drop of mild liquid soap to the cloth, rub the cloth together to make it soapy and then rub the surfaces. Wipe away any soap with a water-dampened cloth.
Apply 2 drops of liquid soap to a fresh, damp cloth and wipe the white resin wristband to remove dirt, oils, sweat and dyes.
Scrub the slightly soapy surface gently with a damp toothbrush to remove stains. If necessary, apply whitening toothpaste or baking soda and scrub tough stains or rub the stain with a damp melamine resin foam eraser.
Wipe away soap and other residues from your watch with a damp cloth. When finished, wipe the watch dry with another cloth.
Tips and warnings
- If can't remove all the stains from your G-Shock G7900A, apply rubbing alcohol to a cotton ball or swab and rub the stained area until the stain transfers to the cotton. Use additional cotton and alcohol as needed.
- If you still can't remove all the stains, contact Casio for additional assistance or to order a replacement band.
- Harsh chemicals and abrasive cleaning tools can damage your G-Shock G7900A.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for