An HHO (hydrogen oxygen) torch, also called an oxyhydrogen torch, is used to cut and weld metal and to polish glass. An HHO torch is powered by a hydrogen generator and produces very high heat. You can make an HHO torch out of supplies that you can get at a tool and hardware store in a few easy steps.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1/4-inch female barb
- Thread piece (for the barb)
- Ball valve
- 1/4-inch nipple
- 1/4-inch reducer fitting (with 7/16 inch connection)
- M6 size tap
- .040 MIG welder tip
- Medium bronze wool
- Teflon tape
- PCV valve
Connect the M6 tap to the reducer fitting. Screw the reducer fitting onto the tap.
Screw the M6 tap and reducer fitting onto the 1/4-inch nipple. Apply Teflon tape around the connection where they screw together.
Screw the 0.40 MIG welder tip onto the end of the 1/4-inch nipple.
Push a 1/4-inch piece of medium bronze wool into the 1/4-inch nipple. Use a screwdriver to push the wool into the nipple if necessary. Do not pack the wool too tightly; air should still be able to pass through.
Screw the ball valve onto the open end of the 1/4-inch nipple. This valve will allow you to turn the flame off.
Connect the 1/4-inch female barb to the end of the ball valve by screwing it on.
Connect the PCV valve on the end of the female barb. This will connect the HHO torch to your bubbler system.
Tips and warnings
- When you turn on your electrolyzer, unscrew the top part of the HHO torch slightly so that it is loose. When a little water drips down the other end of the torch, it is damp enough so that the flame system will work properly. Turn the equaliser off and screw the top part back on tightly, then turn your system back on. When you feel the HHO pressure coming out of the torch, light the torch. This torch heats up if used for a long time, so wrap the 1/4-inch nipple in a heat-reflective shielding such as electrical tape.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for