You can make an entire room of glass-topped office desks from small chests of drawers or metal file cabinets topped with bevel-edged rectangles of glass. You can find the chests of drawers at unfinished furniture stores and filing cabinets at office supply stores. A professional glasscutter will deliver high-quality glass cut to the desktop measurement of your choice. These glass-topped office desks will add a modern appearance to a home or office.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Two identical 29-inch high 3-drawer dresser or file cabinets
- Craft paper
- Straight pins
- 1/2 yard heavy wool felt
- 46-by 20-inch bevelled edge glass rectangle, 1-inch thick
Place the craft paper over the top surface of a dresser or cabinet and trace around the edges with a pencil. Cut out the paper for a template.
Pin the template to the wool felt with the straight pins. Cut around the template with the scissors.
Repeat Steps 1 and 2 to create cushioning between both dressers or cabinets and the glass desktop.
Place the felt on top of the dressers or filing cabinets. Position the dressers or cabinets to meet the edges of the glass desktop. Place the glass desktop on the felt.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for