Cleaning your toilet is often a dreaded household chore, but it has to be done periodically. Gone are the days of using rags and sponges to scrub down the inside of the toilet bowl. A handy toilet bowl brush makes cleaning the toilet much easier. Use your toilet bowl brush the right way to ensure you toilet gets sparkling clean without much mess or hassle.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Toilet bowl cleaner
Apply a generous amount of toilet bowl cleaner around the toilet bowl. Let it sit in the bowl for a few minutes.
Dip the toilet brush into the water in the toilet bowl, then scrub the entire bowl thoroughly. Scrub well under the rim as a lot of stains and grim tend to hide here. Pay special attention to where the water line sits in the toilet bowl as well because the deposits from the water form stains here, too.
Flush the toilet to rinse away the grime, then tap the toilet brush a few times on the toilet bowl rim to get off excess water. Put the toilet bowl brush back into the holder for storage.
Tips and warnings
- Clean your toilet bowl brush after each use. Add 1 cup of chlorine bleach to the fresh toilet bowl water. Stick the brush in the water and let it sit for a few hours. This will clean and disinfect the toilet bowl brush.
- Use your toilet bowl brush once a day--with or without cleaner--to keep build-up from forming in the bowl.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for