The Suzuki C50 Boulevard is arguably one of Suzuki's most popular motorcycles for several reasons. The middleweight package is fun and easy to ride, offers big-motorcycle looks for a fraction of the price and is one of the most reliable motorcycles available today. Increasing the horsepower of the C50 Boulevard is simply a matter of adding three components not included from the factory.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 3/8-inch drive socket set
- Hex wrenches
- High-flow slip-on exhaust system
- High-flow air cleaner with filter
- Programmable electronic control module
Install the slip-on high performance muffler by first removing the stock muffler using the socket set. The new muffler simply slips over the existing exhaust pipe and bolts into place using the same hardware.
Unbolt the stock air cleaner from the intake using the socket set. You will not need to retain anything unless you intend to return the motorcycle to stock condition some day. Insert the high-flow air filter into the new air cleaner, then mount it onto the bike. The new air cleaner uses the same hardware to mount to the air intake that the old air cleaner did.
Remove the passenger seat by using a hex wrench to remove the bolt you'll find on the motorcycle's fender. With the passenger seat removed, there are two more bolts which secure the driver seat to the frame. Remove these bolts with the hex wrench. Under the seat, you'll find the motorcycle's computer and it's wiring harness.
Disconnect the Suzuki's battery, then unplug the wiring harness from the computer. Plug the high performance computer chip into the computer, then plug the wiring harness into the supplied connector.
Bolt the seats back onto the motorcycle and start the bike to ensure all parts are functioning correctly.
Tips and warnings
- Try to perform all three upgrades at once, as they all work together to provide a more powerful throttle response from your Suzuki C50 Boulevard.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for