Alien vs. Predator, abbreviated as AVP, is a science fiction-meets-horror crossover movie in which two major movie series, Alien and Predator, come together. The movie came out in 2004 and has inspired video games, books, action figurines, and a follow-up movie called Alien vs. Predator Requiem. Additionally, the movie has inspired Alien vs. Predator costumes. You can dress up as either the predator or the alien, but a costume combining the two is more appropriate since Alien vs. Predator features both creatures. You can find predator and alien masks and accessories at many costume stores, especially online, and create a dual costume on your own at home.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Neutral coloured jumpsuit
- Neutral coloured poncho (optional)
- Stuffing material, such as newspaper, small articles of old clothing, or rags
- Predator mask
- Alien mask that fits entirely over the head (front and back)
- Hot glue gun
- Predator prop hands (optional)
- Costume gun holsters and fake guns (optional)
Stuff the alien mask with newspaper or small articles of old clothing or rags, so that it will stay upright when it's fixed to your costume.
Attach the stuffed alien mask to the top of the poncho in the shoulder area using a hot glue gun to fix the edges of the mask to fabric. You can also fix the mask to your jumpsuit.
Put on your jumpsuit, boots and Predator mask. Add accessories such as Predator gloves, gun holsters and fake guns.
Putting together the costume
Tips and warnings
- Check on eBay.com for deals on Predator vs. Alien costume parts (see Resources).
- Make your costume at least a day before you'll need it to make sure that the alien will stay fixed to the poncho and to allow yourself time to make adjustments if necessary.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for